Linux Graphics & GUI Kit for Programmable FPGAs and SoCs
Programmable SoCs are used in a nearly unlimited innovative embedded projects. Driven by smartphones and tablets sophisticated touch screen GUIs and graphics applications are expected for embedded devices requiring a certain amount of user interaction.
To ease developer’s life and enable a fast time to market TES provides a complete Linux Graphics & GUI sub-system solution for Programmable FPGAs and SoCs with on-board ARM processor. This resource efficient package is based on the silicon and FPGA proven CDC display controller IP core, the D/AVE 2D GPU IP core, Linux drivers, and optionally the Guiliani GUI Framework.
- Easy to install: Get the “out of the box” demos and examples up and running within minutes!
- Low footprint: Only 5-6kAMLs required on FPGA side for D/AVE 2D GPU and CDC Display Controller, depending on feature configuration
- Includes Linux SDK with drivers and example source code: Have a quick start with your own graphics applications!
- Enables fast time to market for smart GUIs by Guiliani and its powerful WYSIWYG GUI editor “GSE"
Terasic D10-Nano Kit including Intel PSG Cyclone V SoC
- Insert SD card with preconfigured image containing the FPGA bit-file, all demos and all examples
- Connect an HDMI monitor, a mouse and a keyboard
- Power on and start the demos directly from the Linux console
Software & System Configuration
- CPU: ARM Cortex-A9 Hard CPU of Cyclone 5 SoC
- OS: Yocto Linux
- GPU: D/AVE 2D Vector Graphics Rendering Engine at 85 MHz, 4383 ALMs
- Display Controller: CDC-500 in 2-layer configuration, 2250 ALMs (*)
- (*) also configurations with <1000 ALMs possible depending on CDC feature set and number of layers
- Display Output: HDMI
- D/AVE 2D Demo output resolution: 800x600